Adding a folder
Download PDF guide for - Adding a folder
Adding a folder containing files to Moodle
This allows you to add a folder to a topic. Folders can contain multiple files and are a good way to group files together and is also useful for keeping topics tidier and assisting usability.
Adding a folder and populating it
- Go to front page of your course, click the Gear icon at top right of the screen.
- Scroll down and Turn editing on.
- Go to the topic area that you want add the folder rto and click the Add an activity or resource link.
- Choose Folder from the activity chooser pop up list.
- In the Name enter the name of your folder.
- In Description field enter a short description of your book.
The description can be displayed on the course page by ticking the that Display description on course page box.
- Drag and drop files that you want to include in to the ‘Files’ box in the content section.
- Scroll down and click Save and return to course at the bottom of the page.
This Moodle guide was created by LEADS and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.