Work Placements and Dissertation Projects for MLitt and MSc programmes in the College of Arts:
MSc Museum Studies (Information Studies) / MLitt Technical Art History
Some examples of projects:
- Medals in The Hunterian's First Catalogue, Yuki Maeno, MSc Museum Studies, 2013
- Medici Medals, Sean Kelly, MSc Museum Studies, 2014
- Historic Bird Egg Collections, Adam Hotson, MSc Museum Studies, 2015. Student Project Summary - Egg Collection
- Materials for MUSE guided tours, Antonine Wall & Science History Highlights, Grace Hepworth & Katerina Nanou,MSc Museum Studies, 2012 and 2014.
- In 2017 researchers of the UofG Technical Art History Group conducted a technical examination of The Hunterian's Anne of Austria (GLAHA 43810), a Spanish Golden Age royal portrait. This study employed both scientific analysis and traditional methodologies of art history research in order to better understand the materials and methods employed in the production of this painting.
MLitt History of Collecting ( Art History)
MLitt Mackintosh, Glasgow and International Art Nouveau (Art History)
MLitt Making and Meaning: Approaches in Technical Art History (Art History)
MLitt Dress and Textile Histories (Art History)
MLitt Material Culture and Artefact Studies (Archaeology)
MSc Museum Education
MSc/PgD Biodiversity Measurement and Informatics (College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences)
MA History of Art Junior Honours
University of Glasgow staff interested in additional opportunities for credit-bearing work placements should contact The Hunterian's Education Manager, Ruth Fletcher. Ruth.Fletcher@Glasgow.ac.uk
Images: Hunterian Exhibition Development Course, 2014.
Joe Wilson, MSc Mus Studs 2014, delivers MUSE tour for 2015 recruits.