Tours of The Hunterian
MUSE Tour Programme
Tours led by our student MuSEs (Museum Student Educators). Tours last approximately 30 minutes and are free of charge. (Where there is a charge for entry to temporary exhibitions, the tour is included in the ticket price).
Hunterian Art Gallery
Our Art Gallery tours are under re-development due to changing displays. Apologies for any inconvenience - we hope to have the service back soon.
- Antonine Wall Tour
Tuesday - Saturday: 11am, 12noon, 2pm and 3pm
Sundays: 12noon, 2pm and 3pm
- Other Museum Tours:
11:30, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30Guides will advise at the start of the tour which tour they will give.
Possible tours are: Main Hall Highlights / Science and Innovation / Medical History Highlights/ Dinosaurs
Please Note: As we are dependent on student volunteers to deliver these tours, there are unfortunately times when study or work commitments hinder the guides' attendance. Naturally every attempt is made to provide cover and ensure that the tour goes ahead but it is not always possible.
Checking tour details: If you wish to check where and when tours are on offer, you can do so within 5 days of the planned visit date by ringing the Museum (0141 330 4221) or the Art Gallery (0141 330 5434).
The Mackintosh House
Access to the Mackintosh House is now self-guided. This change will allow more visitors to experience the Mackintosh House.
- Admission is £6.00/£3.00 concession.
- Last admission 4.15pm (3.15pm on Sunday).
- For conservation reasons, a maximum of 12 visitors are allowed in the Mackintosh House at any one time.
- For security reasons we do not allow bags of any kind (including handbags) in the Mackintosh House. Bags can be stored in the lockers on the basement level.
- Visitors should be aware that CCTV is in operation.