Tours of The Hunterian
MUSE Tour Programme
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, all Hunterian venues are currently closed to the public and our tours suspended until further notice. We are working towards resuming our tours when we re-open and it is safe to do so.
Tours are led by our student MuSEs (Museum Student Educators). They last approximately 30 minutes and are free of charge. (Where there is a charge for entry to temporary exhibitions, the tour is included in the ticket price).
Visitors should be aware that as we are dependent on student volunteers to deliver these tours, there are unfortunately times when study or work commitments hinder the guides' attendance. Naturally every attempt is made to provide cover and ensure that the tour goes ahead but it is not always possible.
Checking tour details
If you wish to check where and when tours are on offer, you can do so within 5 days of the planned visit date by ringing the Museum (0141 330 4221) or the Art Gallery (0141 330 5434).
The Mackintosh House
Access to the Mackintosh House is now self-guided. This change will allow more visitors to experience the Mackintosh House.
- Admission is £6.00/£3.00 concession.
- Last admission 4.15pm (3.15pm on Sunday).
- For conservation reasons, a maximum of 12 visitors are allowed in the Mackintosh House at any one time.
- For security reasons we do not allow bags of any kind (including handbags) in the Mackintosh House. Bags can be stored in the lockers on the basement level.
- Visitors should be aware that CCTV is in operation.