Visiting researcher applications
We welcome applications from PhD students registered at other Universities who wish to spend time studying at the University of Glasgow with an academic member of staff who has interests in your research area.
To apply please contact the member of staff you would like to work with enclosing your CV and details of your research plans. You can use the links in research opportunities to find supervisors who share your research interests.
If you receive informal support, agree the terms and duration of your visit with your proposed supervisor, and ensure this is also agreed with your home institution, you may submit an application to the University to be considered as a visiting researcher.
Make an application
Please ensure the form has been completed in full and signed by:
- your proposed supervisor at the University of Glasgow
- the Head of School where the supervisor is located
- a representative of your home institution.
Once your application has been reviewed by the Dean of Graduate Studies, a member of the team from the Graduate School will be in touch with further information.
- The Visiting Postgraduate Researcher Policy contains guidance for setting up visiting researcher placements.
- The College of Social Sciences does not charge a bench fee for Visiting Researchers.
- Students from outside of the UK should be aware that applications for a visiting period of longer than six months may require a Student visa.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are required to include evidence of their English Language ability which should be a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 with no subtest less than 6.5 or equivalent.
- Accommodation Services can provide further information and advice regarding finding a place to live during your visit.