Postgraduate research tuition fees
- UK: To be confirmed by UKRI [23/24 fee was £4,712]
International & EU
- Degree programmes in the College of Arts and the College of Social Sciences: £25,290
- Degree programmes in the College of Science and Engineering and the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences: £30,240
- Clinical programmes in Medicine/Dentistry/Veterinary Medicine (clinical) in the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences: £47,100
Possible additional fees
- Re-submission by a research student £540
- Submission for a higher degree by published work £1,355
- Submission of thesis after deadline lapsed £350
- Submission by staff in receipt of staff scholarship £790
Tuition fees for part-time study will be charged at half of the full-time annual fee. Irish nationals who are living in the Common Travel Area of the UK, EU nationals with settled or pre-settled status, and Internationals with Indefinite Leave to remain status can also qualify for home fee status.
Depending on the nature of the research project, some students will be expected to pay a bench fee (also known as research support costs) to cover additional costs. The exact amount will be provided in the offer letter.
We offer a 20% discount to our alumni on all Postgraduate Research and full Postgraduate Taught Masters programmes. This includes graduates and those who have completed a Junior Year Abroad, Exchange programme or International Summer School at the University of Glasgow. The discount is applied at registration for students who are not in receipt of another discount or scholarship funded by the University. No additional application is required.