Welcome to our archive of all papers published by group members dating back to 2010. Research published this year is listed below; earlier years are linked from the menu at the left.
- The oldest magnetic record in our solar system identified using nanometric imaging and numerical modeling
Nature Comms. 9 (2018) 1173
- Emergent dynamic chirality in a thermally driven artificial spin ratchet,
Nature Materials 16 (2017) 1106
- Three-dimensional magnetization structures revealed with X-ray vector nanotomography,
Nature 547 (2017) 328
- Beating the Stoner criterion using molecular interfaces,
Nature 524 (2015) 69
- Magnetic microscopy and topological stability of homochiral Néel domain walls in a Pt/Co/AlOx trilayer,
Nature Comms. 6 (2016) 8957
- Direct visualization of the thermomagnetic behavior of pseudo–single-domain magnetite particles,
Science Advances 2 (2016) e1501801
- Magnetite pollution nanoparticles in the human brain,
PNAS 113 (2016) 10797
- Imaging and controlling plasmonic interference fields at buried interfaces
Nature Comms. 7 (2016) 13156
- Filming the formation and fluctuation of skyrmion domains by cryo-Lorentz transmission electron microscopy,
PNAS 112 (2015) 14212
Links to journal articles are provided below where possible. If you do not have access rights from the journal homepages, pre-publication drafts are usually available via the University of Glasgow's Enlighten database.
There is also a list of thesis titles for PhDs arising from this group, for which most also have a thesis abstract available.
The association of hydrogen with nanometre bubbles of helium implanted into zirconium
M S Blackmur, S Dumbill, I MacLaren, D Hernandez Maldonado, P D Styman, M Gass, R J Nicholls, J M Hyde, Q M Ramasse, K J Annand, J S Smith, N Gotham
Scripta Materialia 152 (2018) 102-106.
EELS at very high energy losses
I MacLaren, K J Annand, C Black & A J Craven
Microscopy 67 [S1] (2017) i78-i85.
The oldest magnetic record in our solar system identified using nanometric imaging and numerical modeling
J Shah, W Williams, T P Almeida, L Nagy, A R Muxworthy, A Kovács, M A Valdez-Grijalva, K Fabian, S S Russell, M J Genge and R E Dunin-Borkowski
Nature Comms. 9 (2018) 1173
Oxygen Impurities Link Bistability and Magnetoresistance in Organic Spin Valves
I Bergenti, F Borgatti, M Calbucci, A Riminucci, R Cecchini, P Graziosi, DA MacLaren, A Giglia, JP Rueff, D Céolin, L Pasquali and V Dediu
ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 10 (2018) 8132.
Evaluation of crystallographic strain, rotation and defects in functional oxides by the moiré effect in scanning transmission electron microscopy
AB Naden, KJ O'Shea and DA MacLaren
Nanotechnology 29 (2018) 165704.
Symmetry Reduction and Shape Effects in Concave Chiral Plasmonic Structures
GW Paterson, AS Karimullah, SG Smith, M Kadodwala, and DA MacLaren
J. Phys. Chem. C, 122 (2018) 5049.
Grain-by-Grain Compositional Variations and Interstitial Metals: A New Route toward Achieving High Performance in Half-Heusler Thermoelectrics
SA Barczak, JE Halpin, J Buckman, R Decourt, M Pollet, RI Smith, DA MacLaren and J-W G Bos
ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 10 (2018) 4786.
Interfacial sharpness and intermixing in a Ge-SiGe multiple quantum well structure
A Bashir, K Gallacher, R W Millar, D J Paul, A Ballabio, J Frigerio, G Isella, D Kriegner, M Ortolani, J Barthel, I MacLaren
J. Appl. Phys., 123 (2018) 035703.
Spectrum imaging of complex nanostructures using DualEELS: II. Absolute quantification using standards
A J Craven, B Sala, J Bobynko and I MacLaren
Ultramicroscopy 186 (2017) 66-81. Open access version in Enlighten
Key criterion for achieving giant recovery strains in polycrystalline Fe-Mn-Si based shape memory alloys
H Peng, G Wang, S Wang, J Chen, I MacLaren, Y Wen
Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 712 (2018) 37-49.