Welcome to our archive of all papers published by group members dating back to 2010. Research published this year is listed below; earlier years are linked from the menu at the left.
- Mirror Coating Solution for the Cryogenic Einstein Telescope
Physical Review Letters 122 (2019) 231102
- Three-dimensional subnanoscale imaging of unit cell doubling due to octahedral tilting and cation modulation in strained perovskite thin films
Physical Review Materials 3 (2019) 063605
- Anomalous Temperature Behavior of the Chiral Spin Helix in CrNb3S6 Thin Lamellae
Physical Review Letters 122 (2019) 017204
- The oldest magnetic record in our solar system identified using nanometric imaging and numerical modeling
Nature Comms. 9 (2018) 1173
- Emergent dynamic chirality in a thermally driven artificial spin ratchet,
Nature Materials 16 (2017) 1106
- Three-dimensional magnetization structures revealed with X-ray vector nanotomography,
Nature 547 (2017) 328
- Beating the Stoner criterion using molecular interfaces,
Nature 524 (2015) 69
- Magnetic microscopy and topological stability of homochiral Néel domain walls in a Pt/Co/AlOx trilayer,
Nature Comms. 6 (2016) 8957
- Direct visualization of the thermomagnetic behavior of pseudo–single-domain magnetite particles,
Science Advances 2 (2016) e1501801
- Magnetite pollution nanoparticles in the human brain,
PNAS 113 (2016) 10797
- Imaging and controlling plasmonic interference fields at buried interfaces
Nature Comms. 7 (2016) 13156
- Filming the formation and fluctuation of skyrmion domains by cryo-Lorentz transmission electron microscopy,
PNAS 112 (2015) 14212
- Symmetry-breaking interlayer Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya interactions in synthetic antiferromagnets,
Nature Materials (2019) doi:10.1038/s41563-019-0386-4
Links to journal articles are provided below where possible. If you do not have access rights from the journal homepages, pre-publication drafts are usually available via the University of Glasgow's Enlighten database and links to MCMP Staff in the Enlighten database are here: John Chapman, Alan Craven, Amalio Fernández-Pacheco, Donald MacLaren, Ian MacLaren, Damien McGrouther, Stephen McVitie and Robert Stamps.
There is also a list of thesis titles for PhDs arising from this group, for which most also have a thesis abstract available.
Symmetry-breaking interlayer Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya interactions in synthetic antiferromagnets
A Fernández-Pacheco, E Vedmedenko, F Ummelen, R Mansell, D Petit and RP Cowburn
Nature Materials (2019) doi:10.1038/s41563-019-0386-4.
3D sub-nanoscale imaging of unit cell doubling due to octahedral tilting and cation modulation in strained perovskite thin films
M Nord, A Ross, D McGrouther, J Barthel, M Moreau, I Hallsteinsen, T Tybell, I MacLaren
Phys Rev. Mater., 3 (2019) 063605.
Mirror coating solution for the cryogenic Einstein telescope
K Craig, J Steinlechner, P G Murray, A S Bell, R Birney, M Hart, K Haughian, J Hough, I MacLaren, S Reid, R Robie, S Rowan, I W Martin
Phys. Rev. Lett., 122 (2019) 231102.
An in-situ approach for preparing atom probe tomography specimens by xenon plasma-focused ion beam
JE Halpin, RWH Webster, H Gardner, MP Moody, PAJ Bagot and DA MacLaren
Ultramicroscopy 202 (2019) 121.
Low thermal conductivity and promising thermoelectric performance in AxCoSb (A = V, Nb or Ta) half-Heuslers with inherent vacancies
DA Ferluccio, JE Halpin, KL MacIntosh, RJ Quinn, E Don, RI Smith, DA MacLaren and J-WG Bos
J. Mat. Chem. C 7 (2019) 6539.
Performing EELS at higher energy losses at both 80 and 200 kV
I MacLaren, R B Cummings, F Gordon, E Frutos-Myro, S McFadzean, A P Brown, A J Craven
Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics 210 (2019) 299-355.
Liftout of High-Quality Thin Sections of a Perovskite Oxide Thin Film Using a Xenon Plasma Focused Ion Beam Microscope
I MacLaren, M Nord, C Jiao, E Yücelen
Microscopy and Microanalysis 25 (2019) 115-118
Superferromagnetism and Domain-Wall Topologies in Artificial 'Pinwheel' Spin Ice
Y Li, GW Paterson, GM Macauley, FS Nascimento, C Ferguson, SA Morley, MC Rosamond, EH Linfield, DA MacLaren, R Macedo, CH Marrows, S McVitie, and RL Stamps
ACS Nano 13 (2019) 2213.
Spontaneous formation of nanostructures during pulsed laser deposition of epitaxial half-Heusler TiNiSn on MgO(001)
RWH Webster, JE Halpin, S R Popuri, J-WG. Bos, and DA MacLaren
APL Materials 7 (2019) 013206.
Anomalous Temperature Behavior of the Chiral Spin Helix in CrNb3S6 Thin Lamellae
Y Togawa, J Kishine, P A Nosov, T Koyama, G W Paterson, S McVitie, Y Kousaka, J Akimitsu, M Ogata, and A S Ovchinnikov
Phys Rev Lett 122 (2019) 017204