Welcome to our archive of all papers published by group members dating back to 2010. Research published this year is listed below; earlier years are linked from the menu at the left.
- Mirror Coating Solution for the Cryogenic Einstein Telescope
Physical Review Letters 122 (2019) 231102
- Symmetry-breaking interlayer Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya interactions in synthetic antiferromagnets
Nature Materials 18, 679–684 (2019)
- Ultrafast generation and control of an electron vortex beam via chiral plasmonic near fields
Nature Materials, 18, 573-579, (2019)
- Holographic imaging of electromagnetic fields via electron-light quantum interference
Science Advances 5 (5) (2019)
- Three-dimensional subnanoscale imaging of unit cell doubling due to octahedral tilting and cation modulation in strained perovskite thin films
Physical Review Materials 3 (2019) 063605
- Anomalous Temperature Behavior of the Chiral Spin Helix in CrNb3S6 Thin Lamellae
Physical Review Letters 122 (2019) 017204
- The oldest magnetic record in our solar system identified using nanometric imaging and numerical modeling
Nature Comms. 9 (2018) 1173
- Emergent dynamic chirality in a thermally driven artificial spin ratchet,
Nature Materials 16 (2017) 1106
- Three-dimensional magnetization structures revealed with X-ray vector nanotomography,
Nature 547 (2017) 328
- Beating the Stoner criterion using molecular interfaces,
Nature 524 (2015) 69
- Magnetic microscopy and topological stability of homochiral Néel domain walls in a Pt/Co/AlOx trilayer,
Nature Comms. 6 (2016) 8957
- Direct visualization of the thermomagnetic behavior of pseudo–single-domain magnetite particles,
Science Advances 2 (2016) e1501801
- Magnetite pollution nanoparticles in the human brain,
PNAS 113 (2016) 10797
- Imaging and controlling plasmonic interference fields at buried interfaces
Nature Comms. 7 (2016) 13156
- Filming the formation and fluctuation of skyrmion domains by cryo-Lorentz transmission electron microscopy,
PNAS 112 (2015) 14212
- Symmetry-breaking interlayer Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya interactions in synthetic antiferromagnets,
Nature Materials (2019) doi:10.1038/s41563-019-0386-4
Links to journal articles are provided below where possible. If you do not have access rights from the journal homepages, pre-publication drafts are usually available via the University of Glasgow's Enlighten database and links to MCMP Staff in the Enlighten database are here: John Chapman, Alan Craven, Amalio Fernández-Pacheco, Donald MacLaren, Ian MacLaren, Damien McGrouther, Stephen McVitie and Robert Stamps.
There is also a list of thesis titles for PhDs arising from this group, for which most also have a thesis abstract available.
The interaction of CO with a copper(II) chloride oxy-chlorination catalyst
S Guan, G Rossi, JM Winfield, C Wilson, DA MacLaren, DJ Morgan, PR Davies, DJ Willock and D Lennon
Faraday Discuss. (2020), doi:10.1039/D0FD00014K.
Multiple scattering in scanning helium microscopy
SM Lambrick, L Vozdecký, M Bergin, JE Halpin, DA MacLaren, PC Dastoor, SA Przyborski, AP Jardine and DJ Ward
Appl. Phys. Lett. 116 (2020) 061601.
Effect of annealing on the magnetic states of FEBID-grown cobalt nanopatterns examined by off-axis electron holography
T P Almeida, D McGrouther, A Kovács, R E Dunin-Borkowski and S McVitie
J. Microsc. doi: 10.1111/jmi.12869
Epitaxial vanadium nanolayers to suppress interfacial reactions during deposition of titanium-bearing Heusler alloys on MgO(001)
RWH Webster, MT Scott, SR Popuri, JWG Bos and DA MacLaren
Appl. Surf. Sci. 512 (2020) 145649.
Pixelated Detectors in Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy. Part I: Data Acquisition, Live Processing and Storage
M Nord, R W H Webster, K A Paton, S McVitie, D McGrouther, I MacLaren, G W Paterson
arXiv:1911.11560 and submitted to Microscopy and Microanalysis (2019).