- Childhood Leukaemia Research Group
- CPIT III Trial Research Group
- Developmental Endocrinology Research Group
- Glasgow Neonatal Research Group
- Paediatric Allergy Research Group
- Paediatric Anaesthetic Research Group
- Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Research Group
- Paediatric Neurosciences Research Group
- The International DSD Registry
Academic and honorary NHS staff within Child Health are responsible for the teaching of paediatrics and child health to undergraduate medical students. Several staff members have major research programmes in a wide range of paediatric disciplines and have a long track record of providing postgraduate training. Undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible to apply for academic achievement awards.
Child Health has close links with the Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity which supports paediatric research in Scotland and beyond through an annual call for research applications. It is estimated that every year, approximately 10,000 children with a rare condition attend the Royal Hospital for Children (RHC). The Office for Rare Conditions, Glasgow, sited in Child Health, works with RHC, Glasgow at improving the standards of health care and research in those with rare conditions.