PhD study: Application and Scholarship Information
The School of Engineering at the University of Glasgow is looking for applications for PhD study from high quality applicants who wish to contribute to our vibrant research environment and interact with one or more of our research groups.
- Aerospace Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electronics and Nanoscale Engineering
- Infrastructure & Environment
- Systems, Power & Energy
- Identify a potential research project/topic by looking through the information provided on our research division web pages, individual staff pages and potential projects/research areas.
- Contact the project supervisors to discuss your interest in the project. It is very important that you make contact with a potential supervisor in advance of applying to undertake the project.
- Submit your application through the relevant Research Division on the main University webpage. The application can be found by selecting the correct division here.
This application is for admission to study only and the decision and offer is based on your academic achievements. If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship you will also need to complete and submit a Scholarship Application Form - see details below.
School Scholarship Information and Procedure
The School of Engineering has a limited number of Scholarships to offer to excellent candidates. The deadline for applications is 31 January 2022. To be considered for a Scholarship you must complete an academic application (see Application Procedure) AND send a Scholarship Application Form with a letter of support from your potential supervisor by the closing date.
Please complete the Scholarship application form and send your application and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 January 2022.
If you have any questions about the research aspects of a specific project then please contact your potential project supervisor. If you have any more general questions about the application procedure, then please email email@example.com.
If you wish to apply for a CSC Scholarship you must indicate this on your academic application form and follow the instructions at the following page: https://www.gla.ac.uk/scholarships/thechinascholarshipcouncil/ The closing date is 31 January 2022. Applications can take up to two weeks to go live on the admission system so we advise that you apply in advance of the closing date.
EPSRC Eligibility Rules
The majority of funding available in the School comes from EPSRC Doctoral Training Awards (DTA's). Eligibility rules cover these awards. Please see the EPSRC website for further information.
The following fully funded opportunities are available;
- An inverse simulation study of tilt-rotors for handling qualities assessment
- Development of next generation superconducting electronic and sensors
- High sensitivity THz spectroscopy
- Flexible Magnetic Sensing Microsystem
- From Atom to Device: Multi-scaled Simulations of Molecular-based Electronic Devices
Additional PhD opportunities are also listed under each Research Division's pages.