The University of Glasgow recognises that in order for our students to meet their full potential and to enjoy their experience of studying here, we must ensure that we are not only supporting them academically, but also helping students successfully navigate the challenges they face along the way.
Below are some useful links to internal and external sources of information about looking after your wellbeing or supporting your students to do so.
Emergency and Crisis Support
- Life-threatening emergencs - call 999 (Ambulance Service, Police, Fire Brigade, Coast Guard)
- Campus Security - call x4444 (main Campus); x2222 (Garscube)
- Student services at Crichton
- Campus Life on Crichton Campus
- Counselling and Psychological Services - For one-to-one support and a wealth of online resources.
- Helping Distressed Students - A Guide for University Staff.
What Supervisors Can Do To Support Their Students
This short film was developed as a resource for supervisors when thinking about how to support Postgraduate Research Students.
Wellbeing Initiatives for PGRs
- PGR Blog - for PGR students by PGR students
- PGR Walking Group - every Tuesday, 12:30pm meeting at The Gilchrist
- PGR Gardening - every Thursday 1pm, Gilmorehill Campus - Click here for information and to sign up!
- MyGlasgow Students - Health and Wellbeing
- Researcher Development Courses - see MyCampus. Browse for course codes starting with RSDA, RSDB, RSDC and RSDD.
- PGR Experience Event Report - 24 August 2017
Wellbeing Events in 2018/19
24/10/18 & 11/04/19 - Neck and Shoulder Stress Release with Rachel Paisley
22/10/18 & 21/03/19 - PhD and Sleep with Maria Gardani
04/04/19 - Managing Stress - 2pm: Hunterian Art Gallery Lecture Theatre