Support and Development for Postgraduate Researchers
Scholarships & Funding
Search all Scholarships & Funding opportunities at the University of Glasgow.
Funding administered by the PGR Service:
- University of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow Jointly Funded PhD Studentships (opening November 2019)
- ESRC PhD Studentships - Student Led Competition (Closed)
- ESRC PhD Studentships - Supervisor Led Competition (Closed)
- LKAS PhD Scholarships (opening November 2019)
- Postgraduate Travel Scholarships (opening February 2020)
- Carnegie-Caledonian PhD Scholarships (opening November 2010)
Funding opportunities in each Graduate School:
Interested in Applying for a Research Degree at Glasgow?
Our college Graduate Schools support postgraduate students providing a range of services and resources:
- College of Arts
- College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences
- College of Science and Engineering
- College of Social Sciences
Click here for a list of External Events related to postgraduate education.
How Can We Help You?
We work with the staff and students in the University's Graduate Schools on those aspects of postgraduate research policy, training and administration which have a relevance to more than one College or School / Institute, requires leadership or coordination across Colleges or which require liaison with outside agencies or bodies such as UKRI. This includes:
- Championing PGR issues in a range of internal and external Committees and working groups, and through events and communications initiatives
- Clerking the Deans of Graduate Studies Committee (DOGS) and Chairing the PGR Operations Working Group
- Advice, guidance and support for the dissemination and implementation of good practice in relation to postgraduate research administration, policy, training and quality assurance
- Advice, guidance and support for the cross-university researcher development training programme in co-ordination with the Graduate Schools
- Co-ordinating the selection processes, allocation and administration of centrally-held or coordinated scholarship funding, including administration of the LKAS funding
- Advice, guidance and support for cross-university scholarship funding, in particular ESRC DTP funding
- Co-ordinating cross-university reporting, consultation responses and scholarship calls related to PGR matters or funding