The UofG Library is Here for You
The UofG Library is here for you!
We know things are very challenging at the moment - but the Library is still here for you!
Using our services remotely
We really want you to stay safe, so please follow the Scottish Government guidance and stay at home if you can. please remember you don’t need to visit the Library to get help, information and access to resources. From the safety of home, if you have access to the internet, you can use your GUID to access our electronic collections. We offer access to over 80,000 e-journals and more than 1 million e-books, and we’re adding new titles all the time.
Glasgow Anywhere is full of information to support you studying both remotely and on campus, and there is a section on Library Remote, where you can find out more about the services and support available to you, whilst off campus.
You can contact us through UofG Helpdesk, if you have a question, but it’s best to search the ‘Get Answers’ section first, where most of the information you need is available instantly.
Using our Library building safely
If you do need to visit the Library, we are currently open between 10am-8pm on Mondays, and 8am-8pm from Tuesday to Sunday.
Things look and feel a little different. We’ve made changes, following guidelines from the Scottish Government, to keep students and colleagues as safe as possible:
- No gathering in groups, even with your flatmates or others in your bubble. You must keep a two metre distance from everyone else at all times in the Library. Only sit in designated study spaces marked with green stickers, and eat any food at your desk. Anyone who repeatedly gathers in a group will be asked to leave the Library.
- No access to bookshelves or browsing. We are unfortunetly unable to allow access to print book stock. You may make one request through UofG Helpdesk, for a very limited number of print books, using the Essential Loans Service. You must only use this service if it is absolutely essential - we are trying to keep our staff as safe as possible by limiting the time they spend in the building.
- Face coverings are compulsory, unless you are exempt. With the increased transmissibility of the new variant of Covid-19 it is essential that you wear a face covering at all times, unless you are exempt. Please help us to keep everyone as safe as possible. If you can’t wear a face covering you also have the option of booking one of the individual study spaces available across campus, using the UofG Life app
- Reduced building capacity and enhanced social distancing. We have reduced the number of study spaces to ensure space for social distancing. Check the UofGLife app, for space availability, before visiting us. Only use study spaces with a green sticker and keep a minimum of two metres distance from others, at all times.
- Please return all books to the book drop outside the Library.
Keep up to date with the latest changes
Follow us on social @uofglibrary or see the latest information pages online.
Thank you all so much for helping us to keep the Library safe! #TeamUofG
Have any other questions? Contact the UofG Helpdesk who will be happy to help.
First published: 14 January 2021