Email | Word | Excel | PowerPoint | OneDrive | Microsoft Teams | Guides | Training
Office 365 is built for teamwork making it easier to share and work together online.
Shared drives | Endnote | SPSS
Only use when there is no other way to complete the task, and then disconnect.
Learning and Teaching
- Remote and Blended teaching - Supporting learning design for September (and beyond).
- Online exams- academic guidance
- Online 1:1 information on examination and online study from LEADS
- Moodle course on the essential elements of learning, studying and researching online
- Online Exam Assessment Practise Submission Moodle
Accessing your files
- OneDrive for Business 1TB of personal cloud storage. Save your files and access them from anywhere. Can be used for sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Teams 25TB of storage per Team. Easily share and collaborate with others.
- How to upload files to Office 365 How to move your files from H: and J: drives to OneDrive and Teams.
- Remote Desktop (SSD) Only use when there is no other way to complete the task, and then disconnect.
- Connect to your office SSD workstation remotely from elsewhere This allows you to connect to the PC you use the most at work. Please note you may need to raise a Helpdesk request to switch your office PC on for this to work.
- Remote access to a Library PC for students This is a temporary service to allow students access to Library cluster desktops and is different from the normal remote desktop service.
Using your own device
If your home device is Windows 7 you must not use it for remote working Get Windows 10 from Microsoft
Software and apps
- Install Office via O365 access emails, contacts, calendar and other office apps like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote over the internet.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) Only use when there is no other way to complete the task, and then disconnect. Not required for
Staff Desktop access
- Connect to your workstation at the University from elsewhere.
Computer set up tips
- Advice on computer setups at home from the Safety & Environmental Protection Service
- Connect an external monitor or television to your laptop (docx, 440kb)
Data Protection Act 2018
Responsibilities in reference to paper and data storage
- Check what personal data you process and store, and make sure that you still have a valid reason for retaining it. If no reason exists, securely destroy it.
- You need to demonstrate that the personal data you have is secure and you have a justifiable reason to process it.
- Find out more about Data Protection
Collaborating and meeting online
- Using Microsoft Teams A hub for teamwork, where you can chat, hold meetings, and share files and apps.
Video meetings and seminars
- Using Zoom The University's video web and conferencing service using a secure, easy platform for video and audio conferencing, messaging, and private webinars across mobile and desktop/laptop. Note: If you would like to host a public webinar then please contact the Helpdesk
- Using Microsoft Teams Instantly go from group chat to video conference with the touch of a button. Teams of 10 or 10,000 can meet in one place, no matter how many places they’re in.
- Meetings, classes or seminars Advice on how to set up, run, and share a Zoom meeting for work or teaching.
Using the Library
Note: you do not need to use the VPN service to access Library resources
- Library search
- Full text online
- Temporary access to additional e-resources
- E-resources - off-campus access
- E-resources general usage guidelines
- Guide to E-books
- Finding journal articles
- Accessing theses
- Subject guides
- Access your Library account using MyGlasgow
Health & wellbeing
- Health & Wellbeing and guidance for working or studying remotely Advice, guidance, and resources for working and studying remotely.
- Home working computer setup tips from Safety & Environmental Protection Service
Don't see what you need? Contact us