Covid-19 library updates
We are closely observing Scottish Government and University of Glasgow guidance and principles. Health and safety is our top priority at every stage, and plans may change if guidance is updated.
If you have any questions, please contact our Reach Out team through UofG Helpdesk.
From 18 April there will be no requirement to wear face coverings in public places in Scotland, this includes our Libraries and study spaces.
We do encourage staff and students to wear face coverings at particularly busy times, and we ask everyone to be sensitive to the needs of others who prefer to continue wearing face coverings.
We ask that all visitors to our Libraries and study spaces continue to be considerate of others:
- Give others space and avoid crowding
- Use sanitising stations and clean your hands regularly
Find out more about current Covid-19 guidance and what it means for our campuses.
Get help on campus
Our friendly Reach Out Ambassadors will be around on campus to support you. Look out for the team in their blue Reach Out t-shirts and lanyards, they'll be happy to help you find the answers to any questions you have.
Study at Home: Use the Library Remotely
You don't need to visit the Library to:
- Read over 1 million e-books and e-journals
- Use the Glasgow Anywhere Student Desktop, with all the programmes, files and apps you would find on a Library PC
- Make a virtual appointment with the College Support Team or your College Librarian
- Get help from the Reach Out team through UofG Helpdesk
Find out more about the remote resources available at Glasgow Anywhere.
A Book Drop is available outside the Fraser Building, opposite the Library, for book returns.
We understand that you may not be able to travel in to return your books, if you have any concerns please get in touch with the Library team through UofG Helpdesk.