Covid-19 library updates
We are closely observing Scottish Government and University of Glasgow guidance and principles. Health and safety is our top priority at every stage, and plans may change if guidance is updated.
If you have any questions, please contact our Reach Out team through UofG Helpdesk.
Physical distancing will be lifted in Libraries and study spaces from 1 September, and capacity will return to normal levels.
The following protection measures continue to apply:
- Face coverings are mandatory unless you are exempt, and can only be removed to eat or drink
- Enhanced cleaning is in place, focusing on heavily used areas
- Hand sanitising stations are available throughout our buildings
We still recommend checking the UofG Life app to see how busy our study spaces are, and avoiding busy times when you can.
Get help on campus
Our friendly Reach Out Ambassadors will be around on campus to support you and welcome you back. Look out for the team in their blue Reach Out t-shirts and lanyards, they'll be happy to help you find the answers to any questions you have.
Study at Home: Use the Library Remotely
You don't need to visit the Library to:
- Read over 1 million e-books and e-journals
- Use the Glasgow Anywhere Student Desktop, with all the programmes, files and apps you would find on a Library PC
- Make a virtual appointment with your College Librarian
- Get help from the Reach Out team through UofG Helpdesk
Find out more about the remote resources available at Glasgow Anywhere.
James Herriot (Vet), Chemistry & James Ireland (Dental) Libraries
A Book Drop is available outside the Fraser Building, opposite the Library, for book returns.
We understand that you may not be able to travel in to return your books, if you have any concerns please get in touch with the Library team through UofG Helpdesk.
Other study spaces
James McCune Smith Learning Hub
- Open 8am-8pm, Monday-Sunday
- Bring your own device, charging points provided
Get directions in the UofG Life app.