Recruiting staff and students

Recruiting Staff

Posts can be advertised once the award is accepted by the College Research Support Office. On your behalf, your College Research Support Office or your School/Institute Administrative staff will raise a Staff Request (for new posts) or a Manager Request (a change to an existing post) on the Human Resources system 'CoreHR'. The Recruitment Team within HR will manage the process for a new post, including advertising the vacancy. 

Please visit the central Human Resources web pages for information on the following:

** Please contact College HR for further guidance on recruiting to a new post or making changes to an existing post. **

Recruiting Research Students

Each College operates differently with respect to advertising PhD Studentships. Please contact the respective Graduate School for help with the process.


For the College of Science and Engineering, fill in the PGR Advertising Find a PhD Form and send it to the Graduate School.