Health and wellbeing
Welcome to our Staff Health and Wellbeing Information and Resources webpage.
Looking after our health and wellbeing is always important, especially during this difficult and challenging period. Below we have gathered together some resources and information to support staff in looking after their mental and physical wellbeing.
Support available for staff
PAM Assist provides confidential support and advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year over the phone on 0800 882 4102 as well as hosting resources on their website. Find out how to access self help resources.
Togetherall (formerly Big White Wall)
Togetherall is a safe space online to get things off your chest, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for all UofG staff and students.
Mental Health First Aiders
Contact details for Mental Health First Aiders
Respect Advisors Network
Support and guidance on bullying and harrassment through the Respect Advisors Network.
Looking for a supportive conversation? Our team of Chaplains are available for confidential chats on any matter concerning you.
Occuptional Health Service
Staff can be referred by their line manager to the University’s Occupational Health Service, which provides support to promote and preserve both the physical and mental wellbeing of all staff.
Mental Health support websites
- NHS Inform -a great general site for managing stress
- Living Well - grounding exercises for managing anxiety
- Mind - a charity with lots of useful information on anxiety, depression, trauma and also have grounding exercises.
- Brothers in Arms Scotland - specifically cover issues men may be experiencing.
- Beating The Blues - provides access to self-directed cognitive behaviour therapy.
- Breathing Space- 0800 83 85 87
- Samaritans- 116 123 (free from any phone)
- Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland - 0808 802 6161
- Living Life Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - 0800 328 9655