Stevenson Building Swimming Pool
25-metre, six-lane pool with sauna & steam room
Please check lane availability below when planning your visit.
Swimming Pool Lane Usage
Swimming Pool FAQs
Do I need to book to use the swimming pool?
No, advance booking is not required to use the Stevenson Building swimming pool.
The pool is available for use by members (and Day Pass holders) any time during our opening hours subject to lane availibility.
You can check to see which lanes are available by looking at our pool Lane Usage Timetable.
When is the swimming pool open?
Advance booking is not required, but access is subject to lane availability.
You can see which lanes are available when by checking our pool Lane Usage Timetable.
Pool access is included in membership, and non-members can access the pool by purchasing a Day Pass.
Is the swimming pool open to the public?
Yes, the Stevenson Building swimming pool is open to UofG Sport members and the general public – non-members can access the pool by purchasing a Day Pass.
Booking is not required – the pool is available for use any time during our opening hours subject to lane availibility.
You can check to see which lanes are available when by looking at our pool Lane Usage Timetable.
Can I use the pool changing rooms and lockers?
Yes. Level 2 changing rooms are open as normal – for pool users only – with lockers which require you to bring your own padlock. (We have padlocks for sale at reception if you forget yours or don't have one.)
As indicated in our Ts&Cs (Clause 50c) UofG Sport takes no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage of any items brought into the Facilities, unless UofG Sport is shown to have been negligent.
Is towel hire available?
Yes – towels can be hired from Front Desk and towel hire prices are as follows:
- Individual Towel Hire – £1.00
- Towel Hire Card (10 x Towel Hires) – £7.00
Are the sauna & steam room open?
Yes – we're pleased to confirm that the sauna and steam room are open as normal (excepting occasional closure for routine repair and maintenance).
Swimming pool etiquette
Entering the Pool
- Check the signs and choose a lane appropriate to your speed
- Always let others know you are entering the lane and go in feet first
- Wait until other swimmers are clear of the wall before entering
- Check the direction of the lane and make sure you follow this
- Always swim complete lengths of the pool
- Slower swimmers should pause at the wall to allow faster swimmers to pass
- Faster swimmers should allow slower swimmers as much time as possible before starting
- Don't use wide strokes when others are using long strokes
- Stop only at the wall, and stay in the corner of the lane so that others can turn safely
- Don't slip under ropes to move between lanes
- Faster swimmers should have right of way within the lane
- If you need to overtake during a length, gently tap feet to signal this
- Once you have been 'tapped' there is no need to stop, but you should move across to the lane rope to allow the pass
Be aware, be polite, communicate.