Women's Football Club
Women's football is a fast-growing sport in the UK, with the beautiful game constantly increasing in popularity.
At Glasgow University Women's Football Club (GUWFC), we are a proudly all-inclusive football club, and we welcome individuals of all abilities. We have four different teams to suit varying ability levels. If you are interested in playing competitively, our First Team play in the BUCS 1A League, our Second Team play in the BUCS 2A League and the Third Team play in the BUCS 3A League. If you just want to play recreationally we have our Development team.
It doesn't matter if you've played football for years, never kicked a ball before or anywhere in between – we are always looking for new members to join up and there's something for everyone!
As well as being a competitive team, we also pride ourselves on being a friendly and sociable team. We have weekly socials every Wednesday night, and often hold club fundraising events and other social events throughout the university year. Playing football is a great way to have fun, keep fit and make friends, and at GUWFC we focus on all three – come and see what we're all about!
All training sessions take place on the 3G pitch at Garscube Sports Complex, to which transport is provided from campus.
- See the Club Sport Training Timetable for training times
Last updated: August 2022
How to Join
Joining a GU Sports Club is a simple, three-step process:
- Join UofG Sport with one of these three memberships only:
- Student Sport 12-month Full-Access (£170)
- Student Sport Semester Full-Access (£99)
- Student Sport Accommodation 12-month Full-Access (£120)*
- Contact the Club about what membership type you should select (if you're unsure) or if you have any questions
- Use the Club Management Portal to join the Club online
You'll need your UofG Sport Member ID to join a Club. Here's where to find your Member ID.
* Discounted Accommodation membership is only available to students living in UofG Accommodation, and is not available for online purchase – please join at Front Desk at the Stevenson Building.