Immigration Compliance

Students who are not nationals of the UK or Ireland require a visa or leave to remain to be in the UK. Universities are required by law to check that all their students have valid immigration permission for the UK. The Immigration Compliance Team is responsible for ensuring that this requirement is met.

Universities are also licenced to sponsor students to come to the UK to study under the Student Route. The University of Glasgow is a registered Student Sponsor with Sponsor Licence Number TRAW6PAA8.

Please see the links at the side of this page to help you find the information you are looking for.