United States Statistics
A selected listing of U.S. Official statistics available online.
- US Executive
- Federal Government
- National Statistical Centres / Archives
- Useful Government Statistical Information held by Academic Institutions
- Council of Economic Advisors which includes :
Data.gov : Data.gov increases the ability of the public to easily find, download, and use datasets that are generated and held by the Federal Government. Data.gov provides descriptions of the Federal datasets (metadata), information about how to access the datasets, and tools that leverage government datasets. The data catalogues will continue to grow as datasets are added. Federal, Executive Branch data are included in the first version of Data.gov.
United States Bureau of the Census - arranged by subject area :
- Census Data - including
- Population and Housing Unit Estimates which includes : U.S. and World Population Clock
- Housing which includes : American Housing Survey
- Business & Economy : Economic Census Data
- Geography which includes : Tiger Mapping Service
- Specialist Datasets which include:
- American Community Survey : will provide estimates of demographic, housing, social, and economic characteristics every year for all states, as well as for all cities, counties, metropolitan areas, and population groups of 65,000 people or more
- International Data Base (IDB) contains demographic and socio-economic data for 227 countries and areas of the world.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States : a collection of statistics on social and economic conditions in the United States
For more information on US Economic Statistics go to the Sources of Economic, Business and Financial Statistics on the Internet site
- Bureau of Justice Statistics which includes Crime and Justice Electronic Data Abstracts
- Bureau of Labor Statistics which includes Labour Force Characteristics
- Bureau of Transport Statistics
- Dept of Commerce International Trade Administration - Research Center
- Department of Housing and Urban Development Datasets which includes:
- Energy Information Administration - Energy statistics
- Environmental Protection Agency which includes:
- Envirofacts - allows you to retrieve environmental information from EPA databases on Air, Chemicals, Hazardous Waste etc.
For more information on US Environmental Statistics go to the Sources of Environmental Statistics on the Internet site/p>
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) - a database of 19,957 U.S. economic time series
- Social Security Administration Office of Policy - includes Data by subject
- National Agricultural Statistical Service
- National Archive of Criminal Justice Data
- National Center for Education Statistics
- National Center for Health Statistics - Part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) network which includes:
- National Cancer Institute which includes :
- SEER Program of the National Cancer Institute - Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Programme most authoritative source of information on cancer incidence and survival in the United States
For more information on US Medical Statistics go to the Sources of Medical Statistics on the Internet site.
- University of Michigan Documents Center - Central reference and referral point for local, state, federal, foreign and international government information