European Union Statistics
This webpage provides links to some of the major producers of European Union statistics. The page is arranged by agency.
- Eurostat - Statistical Office of the European Union
- European Agencies
- Other Agencies
Statistics which includes:
- Statistics Explained is the new encyclopaedia of European Statistics. Data is available in an easy to understand format (similar to Wikipedia) and includes simple graphs and maps.
Publications which includes:
- Regional Yearbook (current edition) - See also previous editions
- Manuals and Guidelines
- Archive: Eurostat Yearbook - The Eurostat yearbook has been discontinued as from 2018. Most of its articles are still available as regular Statistics Explained articles classified by theme.
- Statistical Working Papers
- Statistical books
Key Facts & Figures about the European Union - General statistics using a variety of charts and graphs, this site compares the EU as a whole and its Member States (present and future) with other major economies
- Food, Farming, Fisheries- Statistical and Economic Information - the statistical information presented here covers a wide range of subjects: the economic situation in agriculture, structures, trade, markets, financial aspects and rural development
- Overview of Agricultural Statistics - tables and graphs describing the European Union's agricultural trade position in the world as well as detailed trade information
- Cartels - Fines imposed
- Mergers statistics - European Merger Control - Council Regulation 139/2004 - Statistics 21 September 1990 to 30 November 2008 [PDF]
- State Aid scoreboard - transparent and publicly accessible source of information on the overall State aid situation in the European Union and on the Commission's current State aid control activities. Includes Statistical Tables and the latest version and archive of the Scoreboard
- Key indicators for the Euro area - set of tables presenting the most relevant economic statistics concerning the euro area. Each table is accompanied by a commentary and each item by one or more graphs
- AMECO Database: Annual macro-economic database
- Business and consumer surveys - surveys allow comparisons among different countries’ business cycles
- General government data - yearly unadjusted time-series for the general government transactions and balances of Member States and the EU/Euro area as a whole.
- Employment and Social Analysis - data from 1998
- MISSOC - Mutual Information System on Social Protection: provides basic information about most of the social protection areas in each country, as well as about the financing of social protection, with highly structured and comparative information in over 300 information categories, grouped in 12 tables
- EU Public Health EU - Indicators and data - statistics on a variety of health issues
- ECHI (European Core Health Indicators) - list of ‘indicators’ for the public health field arranged according to a conceptual view on health and health determinants Health EU Portal - wide range of information and data on health-related issues and activities at both European and international level.
- Market Access Database - the Sectoral and Trade Barriers Database
- Economic Bulletin - detailed analysis of the prevailing economic situation and the risks to price stability. It is released eight times a year, two weeks after each monetary policy meeting.
- Pocket Book - contains selected macroeconomic indicators for the individual Member States of the European Union, as well as comparisons between the euro area, the United States and Japan
- AirBase - air quality information
- EEA Published Reports
- European Environment Information and Observation Network (EIONET)
- EurWORK - Database of articles on national, EU level and comparative industrial relations.
- Surveys- including:
- FRA Tools - A collection of tools and databases by the FRA on various human rights-related topics
- Teacher and School Head Salaries in Primary and General Secondary Education
- Recommended annual instruction time in full-time compulsory education in Europe - number of hours a year devoted to the teaching of 13 different subjects for each grade in primary and secondary full-time compulsory education mainly in public-sector schools
- Key data on early childhood education and care in Europe, 2019
CESifo Group (Center for Economic Studies and Institute for Economic Research, Munich)
- Topics - Research conducted at the ifo Institute provides the basis for a fact-based debate on current economic issues
Email: Kirsteen Valenti or Email: Maps, Official Publications and Statistics Unit staff