- UK Statistics Authority
- National Statistics
- Northern Ireland
- UK Government Departments and Agencies
- Datasets available to the Higher Education Community
The UK Statistics Authority has two main functions - oversight of the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and to provide independent scrutiny (monitoring and assessment) of all official statistics produced in the UK.
Publication hub is the gateway to UK official statistics -
- Systemic/Monitoring Reviews - The outcomes of systemic reviews can be reports with recommendations for change, or events such as roundtables or workshops
- Statistics Commission archive - The Statistics Commission closed on 31 March 2008. This page contains links to Corporate Information and Research Papers from the Statistics Commission’s website
ONS is the UK Government's single largest statistical producer
Key Statistics publications - provides links to current parts.
(Earlier issues available at the Office for National Statistics website)
- Annual Abstract of Statistics - comprehensive collection of statistics covering the nation. Contains statistics on the UK's economy, industry, society and demography presented in easy to read tables and backed up with explanatory notes and definitions. It is compiled from 100 sources and has more than 10,000 series.
- Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE) Statistical Bulletin (PDF) - provides information about the levels, distribution and make-up of earnings and hours worked for employees in all industries and occupations
- Consumer Trends - contains details on Household Final Consumption Expenditure (HHFCE)
- Family Food - 2002 onwards - a report of the expenditure and food survey - Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Family Spending - A report on the Family Expenditure Survey : Comprehensive overview of all aspects of household expenditure and income derived from the Family Expenditure survey
- Labour Market Statistics Statistical Bulletin: Contains latest data for Employment, Economic Activity, Economic Inactivity, ILO unemployment, Claimant Count, Average Earnings, Productivity, Unit Wage Costs, Jobcentre Vacancies, Labour Disputes.
- Population Trends: quarterly publication covers population and demographic information, with commentary and topical articles
- Social Trends (ARCHIVE) : social and economic data from a wide range of government departments and other organisations to paint a broad picture of British society today, and how it has been changing
- Travel Trends : presents the main results from the International Passenger Survey (IPS) which collects information on travel to and from the UK
- United Kingdom National Accounts - The Blue Book - The key annual publication for National Accounts statistics and the essential data source for anyone concerned with macro-economic policies and studies / Time Series data is also available
- Government Actuary Department - includes:
- GAD Technical Bulletins - Technical Bulletins cover topical developments on pensions and insurance, as well as investments, social security and beyond
- Mortality Insights from GAD - The GAD Mortality Insights bulletin provides succinct and accessible information on current developments in the area of longevity research
- Investment Bulletins - Monthly update on economic indicators and other trends in finance from the Government Actuary's Department
- Local Statistics - contains datasets that describe the characteristics of a neighbourhood, with a particular focus on deprivation. The website includes results from the 2001 Census.
- NOMIS - official UK labour market statistics. Access to the most up-to-date and detailed labour market data produced from official sources. Note to you must first obtain a free username and password.
- Census 2011 - results from the 2011 census of England & Wales See also: Census 2001 site with detailed links to 2001 census data
- Classifications and harmonisation - links to some of the main NS classifications including:
- Economic statistics classifications - Major classification decisions taken in recent years, documentation on the classification process and a list of entities and their classification in the UK National Accounts
- National Statistics Country Classification
- Standard Occupational Classification (SOC)
- UK Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities (UK SIC)
- Ethnic group, national identity and religion statistics: a guide for the collection and classification of ethnicity data
- Harmonised concepts & questions for Government Social Surveys (GSS)
- Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
- Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs statistics
- Department of Education statistics
- Department of Health statistics
- Department for Communities statistics and research
- General Register Office Northern Ireland
Librarian you can contact: Kirsteen Valenti