The Fallen (January-March 1915)
Of the 755 University men and women who fell over the course of the War, fifteen were lost between January and March in 1915. These links will take you to their biographies on the WW1 Roll of Honour section of The University of Glasgow Story website.
25th March 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Charles Hodson Barrington MacDonald, 44th Bty. Royal Field Artillery.
14th March 1915
- Sergeant Donald McLeod, 4th Bn. Cameron Highlanders.
13th March 1915
- Lieutenant Thomas Arthur Letters, 3rd Bn. Gordon Highlanders.
12th March 1915
- Lieutenant William Archibald Maclean, 1st Bn. Highland Light Infantry.
- Private James Gillon Miller, 4th Bn. Cameron Highlanders.
10th March 1915
- Corporal John MacDonald, 4th Bn. Cameron Highlanders.
6th March 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Leslie Phillips Smith, Royal Garrison Artillery.
4th March 1915
- Lance Corporal James Graham Girvan, 5th Bn. Cameronians (Scottish Rifles).
2nd March 1915
- Major Charles Elphinstone Fleming, Royal Army Medical Corps.
26th February 1915
- Private Thomas Stanley Gunn, 9th Bn. (Glasgow Highlanders) Highland Light Infantry.
17th February 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Thomas Hervey Hathaway, 3rd Bn. Royal Lancaster Regiment.
14th February 1915
- Private Charles Ford Dickson, 9th Bn. (Glasgow Highlanders) Highland Light Infantry.
- Doctor Elizabeth Ness MacBean Ross, Serbian Military Fever Hospital.
3rd February 1915
- Private William Archibald Lindsay, 9th Bn. (Glasgow Highlanders) Highland Light Infantry.
19th January 1915
- Private Ian Norman Mackay, 9th Bn. (Glasgow Highlanders) Highland Light Infantry.