The Fallen (August-December 1915)
Of the 755 University men and women who fell over the course of the War, fifty-three were lost between August and September in 1915. These links will take you to their biographies on the WW1 Roll of Honour section of The University of Glasgow Story website.
24th December 1915
- Captain Robert Henderson Begg, Royal Garrison Artillery attd. 6th Div. H.Q. and Indian Ordnance Department.
20th December 1915
- Lieutenant Allan MacFarlane Turner, 1st/5th Bn. Highland Light Infantry.
12th December 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant John Topping Sanderson, 7th Bn. Border Regiment.
16th November 1915
- Lieutenant Andrew Muir, 7th Bn. The Cameronians (Scottish Rifles).
11th November 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Robert Hamilton Lockhart, 7th Bn. Royal Scots Fusiliers.
5th November 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Murdo Mackenzie, 9th Bn. Seaforth Highlanders.
3rd November 1915
- Lance Corporal William Gemmel Boyd, 7th Bn. Cameron Highlanders.
25th October 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Herbert Dunn, 8th Bn. The Cameronians (Scottish Rifles).
23rd October 1915
- Lieutenant Fergus Hay Young, Royal Army Medical Corps - attd. 29th Divisional Ammunition Column.
19th October 1915
- Captain Alexander Graham, Royal Army Medical Corps - attd. 1st/7th Essex Regiment.
16th October 1915
- Lieutenant John Wilson, 5th Bn. Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.
12th October 1915
- Bombardier Richmond Rose, Royal Field Artillery.
25th September - 1st October 1915
- A separate list has been created to commemorate the forty-two that fell at the Battle of Loos.
22nd September 1915
- Captain Hugh Adam Munro, 8th Bn. Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.
18th September 1915
- Lieutenant Joseph MacGowan, Royal Army Medical Corps.
- Lieutenant William Allan Laird, 3rd Bn. Royal Scots Fusiliers.
13th September 1915
- Lieutenant Donald Ronald Colin Cameron, 11th Bn. Highland Light Infantry.
12th September 1915
- Captain Hugh Cochrane Storrie, Royal Army Medical Corps.
11th September 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant John Eugene Havelock Currie, 1st Bn. Royal Scots Fusiliers.
7th September 1915
- Lieutenant Robert Humble, 9th Bn. Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.
24th August 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Alfred Alexander Webster, 3rd Bn. Gordon Highlanders.
22nd August 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Thomas Wood Rutherford, 11th Bn. Yorkshire Regiment - The Green Howards.
16th August 1915
- Private William Bryce, 6th Bn. Highland Light Infantry.
- Private John Allan MacDougall, 6th Bn. Highland Light Infantry.
10th August 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant Henry William Hill, 6th Bn. Border Regiment.
9th August 1915
- Lieutenant George Herbert Davies, 3rd Bn. Shropshire Light Infantry.
8th August 1915
- 2nd Lieutenant John Charles Marson, 8th Bn. Welsh Regiment.