The Fallen (September-December 1914)
Of the 755 University men and women who fell over the course of the War, twelve were lost in the first months of the conflict in 1914. These links will take you to their biographies on the WW1 Roll of Honour section of The University of Glasgow Story website.
30th December 1914
- Lieutenant James Robertson Jack Mylles, Highland Light Infantry, 3rd Bn. attd. 1st Bn. Gordon Highlanders.
24th December 1914
- 2nd Lieutenant William Ebenezer Maitland, Seaforth Highlanders, 3rd Bn. attd. 2nd Bn. Black Watch (Royal Highlanders).
22nd December 1914
- Fleet Surgeon John Neil Robertson, Royal Navy - HMS Blake.
19th December 1914
- Lieutenant Franz Friedrich Schlör, German Army Reserves.
12th December 1914
- Private Alexander Miller Stirling, Highland Light Infantry, 16th Bn.
9th December 1914
- Private Allan Mills Fenwick, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles), 5th Bn.
30th November 1914
- 2nd Lieutenant James Alexander Chrystie, 3rd Royal Scots Fusiliers, 3rd Bn. attd. 2nd Bn.
26th November 1914
- Surgeon William Miller, Royal Navy - HMS Bulwark.
11th November 1914
- 2nd Lieutenant Donald Williamson Rennie, Royal Fusiliers, 5th Bn. attd. 1st Bn. Royal Warwickshire Regiment.
21st October 1914
- Major Charles Russell McClure, 19th (Queen Alexandra's Own Royal) Hussars, "B" Sqdn.
25th September 1914
- Captain Henry (Harry) Sherwood Ranken VC, Royal Army Medical Corps.
14th September 1914
- 2nd Lieutenant John Hamilton Dickson, Cameron Highlanders, 1st Bn.