Convener: Dean of Graduate Studies
Membership: PGT Director for each School, College Quality Enhancement and Assurance Officer; College International Student Learning Officer; College Employability Officer; College Student Recruitment and Marketing Officer; College SRC Convener or alternate; 1 PGT student representative from each School
In attendance: Graduate School Administrator
To discuss, advise and make recommendations to College and Schools on all matters relating to PGT programmes across the College, including educational policy, strategy and resource issues in relation to the development and enhancement of Learning and Teaching activities for PGT students.
- Contribute to and implement the College Learning and Teaching plan, including setting College PGT policies
- Disseminate and recommend implementation of good practice in relation to PGT Learning and Teaching with reference to the development and delivery of key themes identified in the University’s Learning and Teaching strategy.
- Review, develop and progress the implementation of PGT strategies and action plans, e.g. employability, retention, internationalisation
- Highlight and promote innovations in learning, teaching and assessment which enhance the student learning experience and promote effective and efficient use of resources
- Respond to consultations, to disseminate information and to implement recommendations for College Graduate School Board, Education Policy and Strategy Committee, Academic Standards Committee, Learning and Teaching Committee and the Research Planning and Strategy Committee
- Develop and maintain effective communications about PGT matters with staff and students in the Colleges and Schools
- Receive reports and to review and disseminate best practice in relation to student advising, student progress, appeals and complaints from PGT students
- To function as the Board of Studies for all College PGT provision and report decisions to Graduate School Board
- To support School applications for external accreditation and re-accreditation
- To ensure appropriate training is provided for PGT supervisors and programme coordinators
- To receive reports from the Student Development Committee and consider action required.
The Committee reports to the College Management Group for resource issues; otherwise reports to Graduate School Board and College Council.