College Undergraduate Programme Board of Studies
Remit for the Board of Studies
Remit for all Boards of Studies
Convenor: Dean of Learning and Teaching
Clerk: College Undergraduate Administrative Officer
Membership: Academic staff representatives from Schools in the College responsible for teaching core subjects within undergraduate degree programmes: two each from Adam Smith Business School, School of Education, School of Law and School of Social & Political Sciences and one from the School of Interdisciplinary Studies – nine representatives in total; Five Chief Advisers of Studies; Three external College representatives (Academic Standards Committee members nominated by Senate Office); College Quality Officer (ex officio); College SRC Convener or alternate. A minimum of five SRC School student representatives; The following as required or by invitation: College International Development Manager; representative(s) of other Colleges Boards of Studies; School Directors/Convenors of Undergraduate Studies; School Disability Officers; representative(s) from Learning Enhancement & Academic Development Service (LEADS); Other staff members as necessary.
Remit: To discuss, advise and make recommendations to College on all matters relating to the taught provision within the scope of the Board i.e. all undergraduate degree programmes within the College of Social Sciences. To consider, monitor, review and maintain academic standards and the quality enhancement and assurance of educational provision on the associated degree programmes.
- Undertake the College and University processes for scrutiny and approval of changes to existing associated degree programmes and new degree programme proposals overseen by the Board on behalf of Senate.
- Consider proposals for changes to and new associated degree programme(s) in light of the College and University Learning and Teaching Strategies.
- Revise and develop academic regulations in relation to the associated degree programmes, taking account of the University’s academic regulatory policy and processes.
- Provide information that may contribute to the formulation of Draft Resolutions with regard to revision of associated degree programmes as required by Academic Standards Committee (ASC).
- Consider any other relevant matters that may be remitted by College or Senate.
The Committee reports to the College Undergraduate Learning & Teaching Committee, to the College Council and to the Senate.