Graduate School Board
Convener: Dean of Graduate Studies
Membership: Dean of Research, Dean of Learning & Teaching, Heads of School, Director of Graduate Studies; College Employability Officer, SRC representative with a PGR focus; SRC representative with a PGT focus; PGT and PGR student representatives; Others as appropriate (including representatives from RIO, or other central services as required).
In attendance: Graduate School Administrator, Head of Academic and Student Administration
The Graduate School Board is accountable to the College Management Group for policy, procedures and practice in relation to the Graduate School. The Board provides oversight on behalf of the College to ensure PGR and PGT programmes are in-line with the College strategic objectives relating to PG Education. The Board receives reports from the College Research & Knowledge Transfer Strategy Committee; College PGT Committee; and College PGR Committee.
The Graduate School Board considers proposals for new PGT development in collaboration with the College PGT Committee.
- To provide coordination and oversight of all Graduate School matters
- To promote, implement and monitor compliance with relevant University and College strategies and policy relating to PG students.
- To oversee the provision of generic and research skills training for PGR and PGT students.
- To review progression and conversion strategies and their effectiveness.
- To contribute to the definition of University and College strategies and policies in relation to PG students.
- To determine the strategic allocation of PGR scholarship funds for cross-College schemes.
- To maintain a high-quality, distinctive, Graduate School environment by overseeing all aspects of the postgraduate experience within the College from induction to graduation.
- To work with Schools and other College Graduate Schools to enhance practice in all areas of Postgraduate delivery.
- To oversee on PG recruitment and publicity activities (with RIO) including maintaining Graduate School web pages.
- To coordinate reporting on PGT and PGR matters with committees and University Services.
- To set and review strategies for participation in the Scottish Social Sciences Doctoral Training Centre.