About the Graduate School
A message from Professor Irene-marie Esser, Dean of the Graduate School in the College of Social Sciences.
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the University of Glasgow and I hope as a postgraduate research (PGR) student that you will have a fulfilling time with us.
At the University of Glasgow we recognise that research students make a vital contribution to our institution’s research output, culture and international reputation as a dynamic, competitive, research-led university.
This section of the College website is specifically aimed at prospective and current PGR students; you will find relevant information including:
- information on the application procedure (how to apply, including fees, entry requirements and relevant application dates)
- links to relevant forms, from extension or suspension requests to your notice of intention to submit
- health and wellbeing information
- the annual progress review procedure
- funding opportunities as well as internships and professional development
- mandatory and optional training
- links to the Scottish Graduate School of Social Sciences (SGSSS) and the funding that it offers as well as postdoctoral fellowship opportunities.
I would also like to draw your attention to the PGR Code of Best Practice, setting out guidelines to students and staff about the most effective practice for each stage in a postgraduate student’s life. These are the expected standards that all staff and students should maintain.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please do contact the Graduate School in the first instance.
I wish you all the best with your studies!