Policies and Procedures

Research Furth Study Visiting

The University encourages its students to engage for periods of study off-campus, particularly to work in international institutions with experts in their field. Full information about how to apply for a period of research ‘furth’ – which simply means research outside of the University – please enquire at the Research furth section of the University's Postgraduate research information pages.

Postgraduate Research Study

The University has welcomed visiting students from around the world who wish to benefit from spending time working with one of our researchers. Those students who wish to visit from non-EU countries will require a visiting student visa (for periods of six months of less) or a full student visa (for any period of more than six months).

To apply to visit our Graduate School (during which time you are welcome to participate in any training or events organised by the Graduate School) please complete the Visiting Postgraduate Research Student Application Form. For any questions about fees etc please contact the Graduate School.