Welcome to Brooke House
Self-catering undergraduate and postgraduate accommodation for those studying at the Dumfries Campus.
- All rooms are furnished with a bed, desk, lamp, chair, wardrobe, a drawer unit, shelves, noticeboard and en suite shower room / wet room with shower, toilet and wash hand basin. Students will need to provide their own towels.
- A well-equipped kitchen with: cookers; fridge-freezers; microwaves; kettles; dining table and chairs, individual cupboards, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- Living room with sofa / chairs and digitally enabled television.
- The Residence is a 20 minute walk from the university and a 5 minute walk from the centre of Dumfries. There is a bus stop close by with a regular bus service to the campus.
- Secured with a main door, to which only residents and staff have a key. Each room has a lockable individual door.
- Free parking area adjacent to the residence. There is also a garage with bike storage racks.
- This residence is managed in partnership with Loreburn Housing Association. All processing of applications and allocations will be handled by the University of Glasgow thereby retaining its role as landlord to student residents. The University of Glasgow continues to be responsible for student welfare and the collection of fees.
Fees for 2023/24
Single Ensuite £174.02
(Fees displayed are per week but there a number of payment options open to students including: one-off payment, Direct Debit and manual monthly payments)
- Bedding and bed linen
- Personal possessions' insurance
- UofG Sport discounted membership
31 Brooke Street
Tel: +44 (0)141 330 6182