History of Art at Glasgow
Our expertise covers all major European art historical periods from Antiquity, the Middle-Ages and Renaissance, to Romanticism, Realism, Modernism, and contemporary Art. We also have specialist knowledge in:
- the decorative art and design of the 19th-20th century
- textile conservation
- technical art history
- dress and textile histories
- Chinese art.
Study with us, and you'll be taught by world-leading scholars and benefit from being based in one of the most inspirational and accessible cities for art and design in the UK. With an art gallery on campus and collaborative links with Glasgow Museums, our students benefit from hands-on experience and gain many practical skills as part of their degree programmes.
Subject league tables
Partnership & Industry links
The University has major, externally funded collaborative research projects with other national institutions, including:
- The National Gallery, London
- The Victoria & Albert Museum, London
- The Smithsonian Institution and the Freer Art Gallery, Washington, DC
- The Prado, Madrid