We aim to attract and retain the very best researchers in the field.
We have previously been successful in supporting a limited number of strong candidates in applying for STFC Advanced and Postdoctoral, RSE, RS, Marie Curie and EPSRC Research Fellowships. Information about the various types of Fellowship, the application procedure and closing dates, can be found via the following links:
- STFC Fellowships: STFC no longer offer the Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme.
- Scottish Enterprise/Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE) Enterprise Fellowships Closing date for applications: April 2017.
- RSE/STFC Enterprise Fellowships ~ The STFC, along with the RSE (Royal Society of Edinburgh), offer support for STFC-funded scientists who want to develop a business idea based on STFC funded research. The fellowship gives one year's salary and business training, to the Enterprise Fellow - the aim being to give someone the time and skills to set up a viable business as a result of the STFC science programme. The next closing date for applications is April 2017. For further information and application forms, please go to the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships Closing date for applications: Closed 05 September 2016.
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships Closing date for applications: 24 November 2016.
- Marie Curie Fellowships MSCA-RISE 2017 (MSCA-RISE). Closing date for applications: 05 April 2017. Horizon 2020 funding is now available.
- EPSRC Fellowships Various closing dates.
- Newton International Fellowships Closing date for applications: 22 March 2017.
- Ernest Rutherford Fellowships Closing date for applications: Closed 22 September 2016 at 1600 hrs.
If you are interested in applying for a Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) Research Fellowship or Postdoctoral Research Award, or any other award, please contact Prof Tony Doyle.
Page updated 07/02/2016