INTERNAL ROOM BOOKINGS –255 (Reading Room), 506 (Conference Room), 470 (Common Room)
These rooms are bookable via the local meeting room booking system.
Staff and students should first check availability, before contacting their Research Group Administrator to request a booking.
Please send your non-teaching related room booking requests to your Research Group Administrator, as much in advance as possible – any last-minute requests may get missed.
Please send your teaching-related room booking requests to email@example.com
NON-TEACHING ROOM BOOKINGS
Bookings for non-teaching meetings and events, such as research meetings or seminars, should be requested via the Non-Teaching Room Booking Form available in the UofG Helpdesk system.
ALL OTHER ROOMS / Teaching Labs and Teaching Room Bookings
Larger rooms for lecturing in the Kelvin Building (222, 257 and 312) and in neighbouring buildings can be booked through Space Management and Timetabling. Please note that problems with AV equipment can be reported directly to AVIT Services.
How to book Kelvin Building teaching labs
These rooms can be booked via the GU online system.
The new system will allow you to submit your own room booking requests which will then be sent to the School’s Local Space Managers (LSM) for approval. To do this, please follow the steps below:
View Room Availability
- Log-in to MyGlasgow: For students: https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/students/ or for staff: https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/
- Click on ‘Timetables and Room Booking’, then click on Timetable Viewer.
- This will direct you to a calendar which gives you oversight of all of the current bookings.
- In the “Search” section you can select the Kelvin Building, and the teaching labs to see all of the bookings already confirmed in these rooms.
- Once you have checked the availability of your required time slot, you can submit a booking request.
Submit Room Booking Request
- Select the ‘Booking’ tab and click on ‘Make a Booking Request’.
- In the “In this Location” section, select the Gilmore Campus, Kelvin Building, and then the teaching labs you require.
- Then in the “Available at this time” section you can fill in the details for the date and time that you require.
- Click search and then on the following page, click select time slot.
- This will open a calendar view of your booking which you can use to double check the time you have selected. Then click Next.
- Add in a description of your event.
- Once you have completed all the fields, click ‘Finish’ to submit your booking request.
The new system is an add-on to the university’s central room booking system, CMIS, which operates on a yearly dataset covering 1st August to 31st July of each year. This means that on the new system you can only submit requests up until 31st July. After this date, the dataset will refresh and allow you to make bookings up until the end July of the following year.