Dr Prashant Saxena
- Lecturer (Infrastructure & Environment)
telephone: +44 (0)141 330 2000 Ext: 0927
My research involves topics in Nonlinear Solid Mechanics, Continuum Mechanics, Electro- and Magneto-mechanical coupled problems, mechanics of biological tissues, and stability analysis of mechanical structures.
- Lecturer, University of Glasgow (2018 onwards)
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (2015-18)
- Postdoc, University of Lausanne, Switzerland (2014-15)
- Postdoc, Chair for Applied Mechanics, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany (2012-14)
- PhD in Applied Mathematics, University of Glasgow (2012)
- Bachelor and Master of Technology in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (2009)
- Early Career Researcher Award (Principal Investigator)
Science and Engineering Research Board, India (2018)
- Ramanujan Fellowship (Principal Investigator)
Science and Engineering Research Board, India (2015)
Positions are open for motivated students to undertake their Masters, PhD or postdoctoral research. Interested candidates may email me with their CV and a brief statement of their research interests.
There are several ways to fund your studies, some of them are listed on this webpage.
Past group members at IIT Hyderabad
- Sumit Mehta, PhD student (2017 - present)
- Junaidvali Shaik, PhD student (2018 - present)
- Satyaprakash Pradhan, Undergraduate project student (2018 - present)
- P.V. Sairam, Research Fellow (2017-18)
- Narravula Harshavardhan Reddy, Research Fellow (2016-17)
- ENG3047: Structural Mechanics 3