Kelvin Smith PhD Scholarships
*The LKAS scheme is currently under review. We hope to bring you details during mid-late October 2016*
The Kelvin Smith PhD Scholarship scheme offers the opportunity for outstanding research students both from home and abroad to participate in some of the most exciting areas of interdisciplinary research taking place at Glasgow.
During October each year researchers from across the University submit project proposals, from which 5 from each of the 4 Colleges (20 in total) are selected to be advertised to potential doctoral students. Of these 10 scholarships are generally awarded based on the excellence of the project and the selected candidate.
- Open to home/EU and international/overseas students.
- Each scholarship will run for up to 4 years and will provide the successful students with an annual stipend at UK Research Council recommended rates (estimated to be £14,510 for 2017/18).
- Annual consumables budget for research and travel costs (currently £3000 for students commencing in 2016/17).
- Appointed students will receive a full fee waiver from the host College.
- Projects will be advertised during mid-November to January but check individual project listings for submission details.
Further information about the scheme can be found in the Lord Kelvin Adam Smith Guidance Notes or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.