Chemistry & Physics coffee morning for International Women’s Day 2020
Issued: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 10:14:32 GMT
On 6th March 2020 the School of Chemistry’s Athena SWAN committee jointly hosted (alongside the School of Physics) a coffee morning for International Women’s Day. As well as an abundance of home baking, the coffee morning included exhibitions from the Schools of Chemistry and Physics showcasing their female scientists.
We also asked attendees to tell us who and what inspires them. Here are some of their responses:
- Ciorsdaidh, Smita, Beth, Linnea, Frances, Joelle and Joy. Thanks for your lectures, support and inspiration
- All my female family members who never had the chance to go to uni!
- My mum – geologist and inspiration
- All 65 researchers in my lab
- My inspiration is my mum and grandmum at first! Then comes Kalpana Chawla
- Seeing researchers learn new things
- Original unusual research!! Thinking outside the box
- The potential of discovering something brand new
The event was very well-attended, and we received lots of positive feedback. Watch this space for similar events in the future!