About the School
We provide an exciting range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, as well as a superb research environment.
We attract talented students and researchers from across the globe and from a diverse range of backgrounds.
The School houses a wide range of cutting-edge equipment, which underpins our research activity. We aim to build upon our success and cement our position as a leading institution to study chemistry and undertake world-changing research.
Over the past decade the School has significantly improved its research performance, appointed high-quality academic staff, expanded its postgraduate numbers and established WestCHEM. Additionally, since 2010:
- The School has doubled its research grant income
- Postgraduate student numbers are at an all-time high (>120)
- Our undergraduate programmes are flourishing; 70% of MSci students in 2016 graduated with a 2:1 or above
Our vision for the future
The School of Chemistry aims to:
- Further increase research grant income
- Continue to increase our number of internationally leading papers
- Appoint new academic staff to rival the best departments
- Continue to expand our postgraduate student numbers
- Expand our trans-national education
- Improve the quality and size of research and teaching spaces
- Continue to provide high-quality undergraduate teaching programmes