Dr Alena Kostyk
- Lecturer in Marketing (Management)
Dr Kostyk received her MBA from Michigan State University and her PhD from New Mexico State University in the United States. She worked as an Assistant Professor of Marketing at NEOMA Business School in France.
Her primary research projects focus on human decision making in the new, futuristic environments and marketplaces, both from the theoretical and empirical perspective. Her secondary research area lies within innovative research methodology.
Dr Kostyk’s work appears in academic outlets such as the Journal of Business Research, International Journal of Market Research, Journal of Consumer Behaviour, European Journal of Marketing, among others.
Prior to academia, she spent nearly 10 years working in the private sector. These professional experiences serve as an excellent source for research ideas and provide her with relevant classroom examples.
You can find Dr Kostyk on Instagram
Dr Kostyk is a member of the School's Marketing research cluster.
Areas of expertise:
- Consumer decision making in digital and emerging environments
- Research methodology
Particularly interested in supervising PhD students willing to research consumer behaviour and decision-making in the new technological environments (e.g., virtual and augmented reality).
- Marketing communications
- Marketing management
- Digital marketing
- Marketing strategy
- Brand management
- Marketing research
- New product and service development
- Marketing trends
- Retail management
- Green marketing
Professional activities & recognition
Prizes, awards & distinctions
- 2019: Most Innovative Research Paper (Global Brand Conference (Academy of Marketing SIG))
- 2020 - 2021: Guest Editor, International Journal of Market Research
- 2018 - 2019: Guest Editor, European Journal of Marketing
- 2020: Editorial review board, Basic and Applied Social Psychology
Selected international presentations
- 2019: Future of Brands conference (Columbia University, New York, USA)
Dr Kostyk serves as an ERB member for the Basic and Applied Social Psychology, and an ad hoc reviewer for multiple journals, such as the Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Journal of Basic and Applied Social Psychology, among others.