Promoting equality and reducing differential impact
We are aware colleagues may have encountered challenges balancing the increased demands of both work and home lives, and we have therefore made more use of flexible working and supportive leave policies, such as the Flexible, Carer and Family Leave Policies.
Career and Working Lives
Highlighted as an area of significant concern, People First committed us to supporting our staff community by considering how we can minimise and/or mitigate any differential impact of the pandemic on peoples’ careers and working lives, such as through:
- Nuanced PDR and Promotion expectations (< > 1 year)
- Extended timeframe to evidence a track record of delivery through academic promotion and PDR
- Consideration of other areas of contribution and/or objectives adjustment.
Committment to Tackling Racism
- Implementing the ‘Understanding Racism Transforming University Culture’ action plan
Further related developments include:
- Reverse mentoring including a pilot with the Senior Management Group
- Improvements to disability support and reasonable adjustments for colleagues.