Glasgow University Lacrosse Club (GULC) offers a range of training and competitive teams to support both new and experienced players! We aim to create a friendly environment for all types of players both competitively and socially, with no experience necessary to join.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most welcoming clubs on campus, aiming to facilitate a social space to make friends and keep up personal fitness as well as playing and developing Lacrosse skills.
We currently run five teams, including three BUCS League teams. As of 2021 all our BUCS league teams competed in the 1st division league.
Our three BUCS league teams are:
- Men's Team
- Women's 1st Team
- Women's 2nd Team
We also have two non-competitive teams:
- Women's 3rd Team (new for 2023)
- Women's Development Team
In addition to BUCS, we aim to set up a mix of league and friendly tournaments and matches throughout the year to allow for the mixed ability of the club. This leaves opportunities for everyone whether a new or experienced player to play at various competitive levels if they want to and the option to play recreationally if not. We don't run any formal team trials within the club, however run a taster session which is open to all levels.
We run organised mixed social events every 2nd Wednesday during the most flexible times of the terms. Highlight events include our annual subcrawl, Families night, pub-golf, Lacrosse Ball, and festive events such as our Christmas club dinner. Socials are a great way for our club to mix between teams and build on pitch-side friendships.
We also run a variety of sport and social fundraisers throughout the year so everyone can get involved giving back and raising donations for local and national level charities.
We run multiple pitch training slots throughout the week with all league teams training twice a week. These sessions are coached practices providing drills, tactics training and practice games to hone and develop all levels and skillsets. Sessions are facilitated with shuttle busses before and after sessions which run from the Botanic Gardens to the off-campus Garscube Sports Complex.
Please see the Club Sport Training Timetable for training times.
Last updated: September 2023
How to Join
Joining a GU Sports Club is a simple, three-step process:
- Join UofG Sport with one of these three memberships only:
- Student Sport 12-month Full-Access (£170)
- Student Sport Semester Full-Access (£99)
- Student Sport Accommodation 12-month Full-Access (£120)*
- Contact the Club about what membership type you should select (if you're unsure) or if you have any questions
- Use the Club Management Portal to join the Club online
You'll need your UofG Sport Member ID to join a Club. Here's where to find your Member ID.
* Discounted Accommodation membership is only available to students living in UofG Accommodation, and is not available for online purchase – please join at Front Desk at the Stevenson Building.