GU Curling Club
Curling at the University of Glasgow is strong, with several recent international representatives. It is a sport involving a great deal of strategy and teamwork, and has been played across Scotland since the early 16th century. The sport has had amazing success at recent Olympic and world levels, and is such a unique game to get involved in!
We cater to all skill levels, from advanced all the way to those who have never stepped on the ice before. Above all we love to see new people joining, and enjoying our sport.
As a club we enter mixed teams into various competitions, including the Scottish Student Sport Curling League, these events are a great way to improve your playing ability and get to know other student curlers in Scotland.
We train once a week on Wednesday afternoons at Hamilton Ice rink, with transport provided for members to get to and from sessions. A qualified coach Is present to provide advice and training.
These sessions are for players of all skill levels. We encourage all members to come along and participate actively in sessions to help each other improve together!
For full details see the Club Sport Training Timetable.
You can join us on Wednesday evenings for our weekly club socials. Alongside these regular meet-ups and frequent quiz nights, we have our stand out events during the year, such as our Ceilidh and Subcrawl, with fundraising bake sales to show off your baking skills. We are sure we have something that works for everyone.
Be part of a community
No matter your experience, we offer a great community for you to get involved in. With regular training sessions, competitions and socials on offer there is plenty for you to get involved with no matter your fitness level, ability or experience.
Come along and get involved! Any questions? feel free to get in touch with our committee members or reach out to us via social media.
Last updated: September 2023
How to Join
Joining a GU Sports Club is a simple, three-step process:
- Join UofG Sport with one of these three memberships only:
- Student Sport 12-month Full-Access (£170)
- Student Sport Semester Full-Access (£99)
- Student Sport Accommodation 12-month Full-Access (£120)*
- Contact the Club about what membership type you should select (if you're unsure) or if you have any questions
- Use the Club Management Portal to join the Club online
You'll need your UofG Sport Member ID to join a Club. Here's where to find your Member ID.
* Discounted Accommodation membership is only available to students living in UofG Accommodation, and is not available for online purchase – please join at Front Desk at the Stevenson Building.