Welcome, World Changer!
Let's get started on your Registration journey! Follow the checklist below to ensure you complete all the necessary steps to becoming an official University of Glasgow student.
Step 1: Check Your Email
Check your email inbox for an email with the subject heading: Access to Your Student Account.
This email will be issued in advance of your course start date. It includes the following:
- Information on how to access your Student Account
- Your Glasgow Unique Identifier (GUID)
- Your temporary password
- Links to further guidance materials
Step 2: Access MyCampus
- Using the login details provided in your Access Your Student Account email, login to the MyGlasgow Student Portal via MyGlasgow Students.
- Under the MyCampus heading, select: My Registration.
Step 3: Academic Registration
- Ensure your degree programme and course details are correct. If not, locate your Advisor's contact details in MyCampus Student Centre, and request that the necessary amendments are made.
- Update your personal information, including Glasgow City Council Tax exemption details.
- Upload a digital passport-style photograph to be used on your Campus Card.
Step 4: Financial Registration
To complete Financial Registration, you need to pay your fees or provide information about how they will be paid.
If you are paying your own fees:
You have two online payment options. Either set up a Direct Debit agreement to pay in installments, or pay the full amount using a credit or debit card. We also accept other payment methods, such as cheque or bank transfer.
Please note: We do not accept cash payments for tuition fees. If you are a part-time student and have not enrolled in any courses yet, a minimum fee will be displayed on your account.
If someone else is paying your fees on your behalf:
Please provide the necessary details about your external sponsor or scholarship (including SAAS or SLC). You may be asked to upload a digital copy of your sponsor's award letter in MyCampus or provide your SAAS/SLC reference number.
If you haven't applied for fee sponsorship yet, you will be unable to complete Financial Registration. If you are receiving a Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England or Wales, you will be considered self-funded rather than sponsored. Make sure to apply for funding as early as possible.
Step 5: Student Visa Registration
After you arrive in the UK, you must attend Visa Registration. This is where you will present your passport and visa, and if applicable, collect your BRP.
All students are required to schedule an appointment for Visa Registration. Having an appointment is mandatory as it helps manage the number of students at the registration venue and reduces waiting times.
Step 6: Apply for Campus Card
Your Campus Card provides you with various benefits and privileges at the University. It grants you access to services like the library and sports facilities, and enables you to enjoy student discounts at a wide range of shops, bars, cinemas, and online.
- To obtain your Campus Card, please upload a passport-style photograph. It is essential that you do this at least one month before your course start date.
- Collect your Campus Card at Visa Registration.
- Take note of the 14-digit code on your Campus Card. You may need it, for example, to request a digital copy of a book from the University Library. You can find this at: MyGlasgow > My Student Center > Personal Information > Reference Numbers.