To become a fully registered student of the University, you must register online:

  • You will do this every year before the start of your programme of study
  • You will use MyCampus - the University's student information system
  • You will receive full details of how to log into MyCampus by email

Registration is in 2 parts: Academic and Financial.

  • You must complete both parts
  • If you are an international student, you also must attend visa registration after you arrive in the UK
  • You should aim to complete registration before your course start date 

You can complete enrolment on courses & classes at any time after you have academically registered. Find out more about enrolment

Registration for semester 2 will open on 5 December 2022.

Access to registration

Registration will be available for eligible students on a phased basis. You will receive an email to register through MyCampus once access is granted.

You will receive the email if you have :

  • Met all the conditions of offer
  • Formally accepted the offer
  • Met the requirements for progression

"Access Your Student Account" emails for programmes starting in Semester 2 will be sent out to students begining their studies in Semester 2 (January 2023) from Monday 5 December 2022.

Continuing students

To check whether you have met the requirements for progression to the next year of study, look at your ‘Academic Standing’ in your MyCampus Student Center. You will see one of the codes listed in the Academic Standing table below.

Debt on your account

If you have a debt remaining on your account you will not be able to register until this debt is cleared. Find more information about debts

Academic Standing table

Academic Standing Action



Able to progress?


Awaiting Progression Decision

Progression has failed and the Adviser needs to update the record.




Student has satisfied Program and Plan requirements for their current year and can continue without further intervention.




Student has satisfied the requirements to enable them to continue their program of study (normally only used for PGT students).




Automatically assigned to students on a year-out (Exchange, Work Placement etc.) where the year is part of the student's plan.



Review - Plan Fail

Student has failed to satisfy Plan Requirements for the year and needs to meet with their Adviser to discuss options.



Review -  Normal Progression

Student has failed to satisfy Normal Requirements for Progress in the current year and needs to meet with their Adviser to discuss options.



Progress Committee

Student has failed to meet minimum progress requirements and will be referred to a Progress Committee.




Student is on the final year of their programme and has satisfied all requirements. A final award result/classification will be recorded.


Academic Standing actions for PGR career only:
PCHM Progress but Change Mode

Student has satisfied the College/Graduate School requirements for their current year of study and can continue to next term. The Student will also have a change to their Approved Academic Load. (Full-time, Part-time or Thesis Pending).

PRGS Progress

Student has satisfied the College/Graduate School requirements for their current year of study and can continue to next term.

RWDW Required to Withdraw

Student has failed to satisfy the College/Graduate School requirements for their degree and should be Withdrawn from their studies. Withdrawal forms go to Registry IT Section. Student should not continue to next term.

TRFM Transfer to Masters Student has failed to satisfy the College/Graduate School requirements for their current degree and will continue to next term on a PGR Masters Program/Plan.  Yes

Step 1: Check Email

Check if you received an "Access to your Student Account" email.

This provides:

  • Details of how to access your student account,
  • Links to support & guidance materials and contacts.

For new students it also includes:

  • Your Glasgow Unique Identifier (GUID),
  • The format of your temporary password.

We issue these emails in advance of your program start date, once you are eligible to register. For more information on eligibility see "Access to registration".

Need help?

If you have not received this 2 weeks before your agreed start date, please raise a UofG Helpdesk request.

Step 2: Access MyCampus

  1. Check your 'Access Your Student Account' email for your log in details
  2. Log in to the MyGlasgow Student Portal via MyGlasgow Students
  3. Under the MyCampus heading, select: My Registration

Step 3: Academic Registration

  • Check your degree programme and plan details are correct
  • Contact your Adviser if your degree programme or plan details need to be amended (see your Adviser contact details in MyCampus Student Center)
  • Update personal information, including Glasgow City Council Tax exemption
  • Upload a digital passport-style photograph to be used on your Campus Card (new students only). Find out about passport photograph guidelines

You can complete financial registration and enrol for classes online, now.

Need help?

Step 4: Financial Registration

Pay your fees or tell us how they are being paid. Find more information on payment methods

If you are paying your own fees:

You can pay online by:

  • Completing a Direct Debit agreement to pay in instalments, or
  • In full by credit or debit card
Watch the how-to videos:

Other accepted methods of payment are:

Cheque or bank draft

Watch the how-to video:

Please note: We do not accept cash payments for tuition fees.

Part-time students: If you have not yet enrolled in courses a minimum fee will show on your account.

If your fees are being paid for you:

Provide details of an external sponsor or scholarship (including SAAS or SLC) who will pay fees on your behalf. You may be required to upload a digital copy of your sponsor's award letter into MyCampus or to enter your SAAS/SLC reference number.

View more information about external sponsorship

Please note:

  • If you have not yet applied for your fee sponsorship, you will not be able to complete the financial registration process
  • If you are in receipt of a Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England or Wales, you will be classed as self-funding and not sponsored.

Apply for funding as soon as possible.

Watch the how-to videos:

Need more help?

Browse the MyCampus how-to guides

Step 5: Student Visa Registration (New International Students Only)

After arriving in the UK, you will need to attend Visa Registration. This is where you present your passport and visa, and if applicable, collect your BRP.  All students require an appointment for Visa Registration, and an appointment is mandatory in order to limit the number of students in the registration venue and minimise waiting times.

If you a starting a new programme of study at the University of Glasgow after 1/1/2021, and you are not a national of the UK or Ireland, you will be required to complete visa registration.

Find out more about Student Visa Registration

Continuing International Students:

You do not need to re-register your visa details at the start of every academic year to complete registration, but if you have a Tier 4 visa you will need to attend a visa check-in after the beginning of Semester 1.

View more about Student Visa Check-ins

Step 6: Campus Card distribution (New Students Only)

Arrangements for Campus Card Distribution, January 2023

Your Campus Card grants you access to University services such as the library and sports facilities, and will entitle you to student discounts in a wide variety of shops, bars, cinemas and online.

You must upload a passport-style photograph which will be used to generate your Campus Card.  For help, please see Uploading a photograph to MyCampus.

If you are beginning your studies in January 2023 you must upload an image by 13 December to ensure that your card is available for the start of semester.  

Campus Cards for most students will be posted to the UK Term Address that you enter during registration, so it is important that your address is entered accurately.  Once your photo is uploaded, details are sent weekly to our ID Card Partner Company who will print and post your card.  Please note that cards will not be posted to overseas addresses.

Photo Upload Deadline

Date sent for printing

You should expect to receive it to your term address by:




ID cards are not available on campus, except for the following group:

- Cards for international students will be made available at Visa Registration

14-digit code

If you require access to the 14-digit code which is usually located on a Campus Card (e.g. to request a digit copy of a book), this can be located at: MyGlasgow > My Student Center > Personal Information > Reference Numbers

Replacement Campus Cards

Find out how to get a replacement Campus Card