What external data management training is available?
- MANTRA is an excellent free, online non-assessed course with guidelines to help you understand and reflect on how to manage the digital data you collect throughout your research. It has been crafted for the use of post-graduate students, early career researchers, and also information professionals. It is freely available on the web for anyone to explore on their own. MANTRA is maintained by Data Library staff in Information Services, University of Edinburgh.
- The White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities has a one-day course on Research Data Management in Arts & Humanities with free access to the training slides and summaries.
- The Digital Curation Centre offers basic data management courses for researchers of all disciplines, called DC101. Upcoming courses are listed here: http://www.dcc.ac.uk/training/dc-101.
- The UK Data Archive offer training for social science researchers and has produced an excellent introductory guide to managing and sharing data for all researchers.
- The National Centre for Research Methods was set up by ESRC to increase quality in social science research. You can search their database of courses and events, e.g. for courses on qualitative interview research.