Rethinking Adam Smith student competition
'Rethinking Adam Smith' challenged students to redesign the front cover of Adam Smith’s The Wealth of Nations or The Theory of Moral Sentiments.
The competition, which was open to all UK students, was run by the Economics Observatory in partnership with the University of Glasgow’s Adam Smith Business School.
Students were also asked to provide a written essay explaining their ideas and creative process.
Entries were received from students across the country, representing a broad variety of disciplines and backgrounds.
As well as national winners, there was a Best of Glasgow Category, awarding students at the University of Glasgow who entered.
National Competition Winners
- 1st place: Chizulum Ifezulike, University of Strathclyde, Economics/Business School Department
- 2nd place: Lucille Ling, University of Glasgow, Humanities and School of Culture and Creative Arts
- 3rd place: Ishita Kashyap, University of Leeds Business School
- Zainab Alani, University of Glasgow - College of Medicine, Veterinary and Life Sciences
- Archie Clark, Heriot Watt - Edinburgh Business School
- Bridgette Crawford, University of Glasgow, School of Engineering
- Josh Connor, University of Stirling Management School
- Jiaxin Shi, University College London, Department of Economics
Best of Glasgow winners
- 1st place: Rhea Ajit John, University of Glasgow, Computing Science
- 2nd place: Summer Fulbright, University of Glasgow, School of Humanities
Best of Glasgow runners-up
- Lucille Ling, Humanities and School of Culture and Creative Arts
- Cameron Hanna, School of Law
- Harshika Singh, College of Medicine, Veterinary and Life Sciences
- Aayushi Sharma, School of Social and Political Sciences
- Xu Lu, School of Social and Political Sciences
- Zainab Alani, College of Medicine, Veterinary and Life Sciences
- Francesca Sophia Munoz Capara, Adam Smith Business School
- Bridgette Crawford, School of Engineering