Tercentenary Week, held in partnership with the Adam Smith Global Foundation and Panmure House, is the focal point of Adam Smith 300.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Gita Gopinath, First Deputy Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Nobel Prize winner Professor Angus Deaton
- Deirdre Nansen McCloskey, Distinguished Professor of Economics at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The lectures by Gita Gopinath and Professor Angus Deaton are supported by The Hunter Foundation.
Other activities, including Professor McCloskey’s lecture, are part of a series of events supported by the John Templeton Foundation that are taking place throughout 2023.
The week will conclude with a Symposium on 10 June, where international scholars and practitioners will bring Smith into conversation with contemporary issues. Keynotes include Professor Sir Tim Besley (London School of Economics), Professor Benjamin Friedman (Harvard), and Professor Anne Case (Princeton).
Participants will also enjoy commemorative events including:
- An event to mark Smith’s christening at the Old Kirk in Kirkcaldy
- Tours of key Smith locations (including Kirkcaldy and Edinburgh)
- Academic workshops
- Adam Smith Student Day
Event booking details will be shared in spring 2023.