Mr Robin Muegge
- MacLaurin Scholarship (Statistics)
B.Sc. in Mathematics at Leibniz University of Hanover, Germany.
M.Sc. in Statistics at Portland State University, OR, USA.
My research interests are developing statistical models for use in epidemiology, currently focusing on spatio-temporal models with applications to COVID-19. My investigations are based on Bayesian hierarchical models, fitted using MCMC simulations or INLA.
- Statistics & Data Analytics
- Modelling in space and time
- Bayesian modelling and inference
- Biostatistics, epidemiology, and health applications
Statistics 1Y: Introduction to Statistics (STATS1002)
Statistics for Biomedical Engineering (STATS3002)
- Organised conference session at GEOMED conference in 2022.
- Poster presentation at Royal Statistical Society conference in 2022.
- Jon Nimmo Teaching Prizes in the categories "Early Career Staff" and "UG/PG who teach", at the University of Glasgow, in 2020/21 and 2021/22.
- F.S. Cater Prize in Mathematical Sciences for outstanding academic achievements, at Portland State University, in 2019.