Professor Alex Bartel
- Professor of Mathematics (Mathematics)
- Algebraic number theory:
- Galois module structures, e.g. the structure of the ring of integers of a number field as a Galois module, or of its unit group, or of the Mordell-Weil group of an abelian variety over a number field;
- Arithmetic statistics, especially the Cohen―Lenstra heuristics on class groups of number fields and their generalisations;
- Arithmetic of elliptic curves over number fields.
- Representation theory of finite groups:
- Integral representations of finite groups;
- Connections between the Burnside ring and the representation ring of a finite group;
- Applications of the above to number theory and geometry.
- Geometry and topology:
- Actions of finite groups of low-dimensional manifolds.
2012-2015: Research Fellow of the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
2015-2017: EPSRC First Grant
2017-2022: EPSRC Early Career Fellowship