Language, Logic, Metaphysics
Causation, conditionals, the nature of propositions, interlevel metaphysics, and social ontology are our particular interests in these areas.
- Gary Kemp – Frege, Russell, Wittgenstein, Quine, Davidson, ontology, propositional attitudes
- Stephan Leuenberger – grounding, physicalism, metaphysical applications of modal logic
- Neil McDonnell – causation, explanation, virtual reality, augmented reality, safety
- Bryan Pickel – propositions, semantics, truth, variables, quantifiers, and empiricism
- Adam Rieger - paradoxes, non-wellfounded set theory, conditionals, epistemic logic.
- Mona Simion – speech acts, conceptual engineering, contextualism
- Derek Brown – perceptual demonstratives, reference of sensory terms, 'looks' locutions, metaphysics of colour, nature of sensory experience
- James Collin - semantic inferentialism, abstract objects, ontology
- Jennifer Corns – natural kinds, eliminativism, philosophy of science
- Katharine Jenkins – social ontology
- Christoph Kelp – conceptual engineering, semantics, the nature of assertion, speech acts, paradoxes
- Steph Rennick – time, time travel, free will
- Christopher Willard-Kyle – assertions, questions
For more information on research in this area, see the staff pages linked above.
First published: 2 August 2021