Athena Swan in SHW
Our self assessment team (SAT)
Our Athena Swan self assessment team (SAT) was set up in 2012. We meet four times a year to guide and provide strategic direction to our equality and diversity activities.
Much of our work is carried out by smaller working groups, who are all represented on the SAT.
Our members are drawn from across all SHW research groups and include academic and professional services staff, and PhD/masters students, as well as our director. We aim to ensure that the SAT membership represents the diversity of our staff and student groups.
In January 2021 an ethnicity champion and a disability champion were appointed to the group.
The SAT ensures that equality and diversity remains central in school decision-making through our representation at management meetings.
Working group representatives
- Maternity, paternity and carer issues
- Wellbeing of older workers (WOW)
- Taught student issues, aspirations and development
- LGBTQ+ staff and student issues, aspirations and development
- Career progression
- Research student issues, aspirations and development
- Mentoring arrangements
- Professional services staff issues, aspirations and development
- Early career researcher aspirations, support and development
- Staff consultation
- Director of School
- SHW Head of Administration
- SHW Information Officer
- SHW Administrative Assistant
- Vittal Katikireddi
- SHW Engagement Lead
- PGT student rep
- General Practice and Primary Care rep
- Ethnicity champion
- Disability champion
Also attending (College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences experts)
- Katie Farrell (Gender Equality Officer, University of Glasgow)
- Shelley Hunt (HR Adviser, MVLS)
- Keilly MacDonald (MVLS Athena Swan Data Officer)